Wrongful Arrest

Were you or a loved one the victim of a wrongful arrest in Florida? Watch this video to learn how you can protect your rights. Call our office today.


Can I file a claim if I was wrongfully arrested?


If you have been falsely arrested, the first piece of advice is listen to your criminal defense attorney. If it’s a private criminal defense attorney or a public defender, you need to listen to their advice and their advice only. They are the one who can help you with the immediate needs that you have in regards to your arrest.
A civil rights attorney handles your case after your criminal case has been resolved under most circumstances. If you still believe you’ve been falsely arrested or if your attorney indicates that you may have been falsely arrested, please contact our office. We will speak with you and determine whether you’ve been falsely arrested, and whether there’s a claim that can be made based on that false arrest. Unfortunately, under some circumstances, recovery can’t be made on false arrest claims even if you have been falsely arrested. It is very contextual and depends on the particular circumstances of your case.

Were you or a loved one wrongfully arrested in Florida and want to know if you are eligible to file a civil rights claim?
Contact the experienced Pensacola civil rights attorneys at McKenzie Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation.
Let our experience and dedication work for you.

Follow us on Facebook