Car accidents are horrible events to experience. It is always devastating to be injured in an accident, especially when it is not your fault. To begin, we want to express how sorry we are that you have to go through this. If you have suffered serious injuries, you deserve to seek compensation from the liable party. We can help you get the fullest and fairest amount of compensation. After you read about cases like yours below, please do not hesitate to call our Pensacola car accident lawyers for a free consultation.

The First Steps of a Successful Car Accident Case

There are three very important steps when it comes to having a successful case. The first thing you need to do when you are trying to make this case as strong as it can be is to seek medical attention right away. You do not want to delay seeing a doctor, going to the emergency room, or visiting an urgent care facility. The second thing that needs to happen if you want to have a strong case is collecting ample evidence from the scene. You can take photos, videos, get contact information from witnesses, and insurance information from the other driver or drivers involved. Lastly, you need to hire an experienced Pensacola car accident lawyer as soon as possible to help you stay on track with e a strong and successful case.

Most Common Types of Car Accident Injuries

Car accidents are notoriously devastating. We have all seen the wreck photos on TV, in advertisements, or during assemblies at school to discourage drunk driving. They are scary photos, but actually living through a car accident can be traumatic. The injuries we see from people involved in car accidents commonly include head, neck, or back injuries, concussion, spinal cord injury, broken or fractured bones, bruising, and in severe cases paralysis. Again, the most important thing you can do for your car accident case is seek immediate medical attention.

Avoid Talking to the Insurance Company for the Liable Party

There is one thing that will always prove to be a bad decision and that is talking to the insurance company that represents the liable party. Very shortly after the accident, you will most likely hear from the insurance company; chances are, they will be asking for a recorded statement. They tell you that they need it to get your case moving along and settled sooner, but it will not help you get the most out of your case. The issue is that if you say something wrong during this recorded statement, they will use it against you to reduce the amount of compensation that they owe you. As such, it is very important that you tread lightly with this. You are in no way obligated to talk to them, and we highly suggest that you hand over all communication to your lawyer so that they can protect you from impacting the success of your case.

Florida Car Accident Statute of Limitations

You do not want to delay in hiring a lawyer. Why? Because you are under a deadline starting from the date of the car accident called your statute of limitations. If you try to file a claim after this deadline has passed, you will in fact be barred from receiving compensation in any form. Florida does allow for four years for your statute of limitations, but if you choose to wait because you think this is a long time, you are running the risk of your witnesses forgetting key details, and your evidence going missing. We highly suggest that you call a lawyer straight away.

How Florida Car Accident Compensation Works

Florida is one of the most lenient states when it comes to compensation. You can collect compensation even if you are found to be mostly at fault for the car accident. The state of Florida allows you to collect a portion of your compensation award up to 99 percent at fault for the accident. That means you would be collecting the remaining 1 percent of the award. If you are 100 percent at fault, you will not be permitted to receive compensation, but anything below that will be eligible for an award, reduced by however much you are at fault.

Call Our Pensacola Car Accident Lawyers Today

If you have been seriously hurt in a car crash and you want strong, dedicated, and supportive representation, please call our Pensacola car accident lawyers today to set up a free initial case review. We will get to work for you right away. You deserve to have your case treated like the priority that it is. Allow us to help you to get the best possible compensation award for your injuries and damages.